Friday, December 2

Journal 11

If you had to choose between sight and hearing, which would you choose. I'm not sure why, but i've always pondered this question from time to time and I believe it would give them a kind of insight to your way of thinking. Maybe it is just me but I see it as a very complicated question. I would choose sight. If I ever lost my vision, I can't even imagine what it would be like. I rely so much on my eyes, seeing the world and creating. After all the eyes are the doors to the soul. If I lost my sight, i'd lose my soul. The very fiber of my being would shatter, I would just be a shell of a human. I would be here, but not completely. I would be missing. Jacquline would not be there anymore. Yes I would have my hearing and I would still be able to verbaly comunitcate, but those would be useless without sight, in my opinion of course. Just because you can speak and hear what you are told, if you can not see it how can you tell truth from lies ? If you were blind folded and put in a sound proof room and told the walls were yellow, how would you know ? You would not truely be able to settle on whether they are really yellow, or maybe white or green. Without sight, you may be able to hear what is happening in the world but you will not be able to see what is happening. You can not fully digest the strength or power of a photo of a child starving from poverty. You may hear of it, but you will not see it. Sight, is powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment