Sunday, December 4

Journal 12

80's movie, que high school hall way with Blitzkrieg Bop playing over all other sound. Flash cut scenes, puting on some Doc Martens and a Smiths shirt then rushing out with a Madonna record under-arm. Mumbles goodbye to mom as she feeds the kids. Blitzkrieg stops playing as it enters a class scene, loose teacher sits at her desk lighting a smoke as the students talk about the upcoming dance. I walk in late, the teacher blows out a nice puff and adds "You're late doll face.", I smile, "Traffic, ahh here's that record I told you about. Hear she's pretty hip." teacher leans up to look at the record,"She has nice hair. Pretty girls get it all; fame, glitter, why can't I ?" I grin as I walk to a seat in the back, "Aw don't bash yourself". Forward scene to front of school, Round, Round by Belouis Some plays in the background as the commotion of teens leaving school is taking place. I sit off to the side on a bench as some friends come bumming up playfully pushing each other. "Hey, you comin' to Nikky's tonight ?" I look up from under my cat-shades, "Not tonight boys, some other time"
"Come on, The Cure's playin' tonight."
"Think i'm stayin' in tonight. You boys go on ahead." I look off to the side for my ride.
"Aw, who's gonna bum the smokes ?"
"Bum your own smokes, you're a big boy." friend mimics me as I stand up to walk away. "Say hi to Robert Smith for me." I yell back with a slight wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment